One year. One whole year! We have come full circle. We have experienced all the holidays, all the birthdays, all the seasons, all the newnesses that a full year can bring.
All without Pat. Patrick–my husband, our Papa, our uncle, our brother, our son, our friend, our mentor, our coach, our classmate, our coworker, our competitor, our student, our fellow community member. He was a lot. He was everything to me and my children.
I want to write about all his life and death and this past year have been for me. I do believe I have the strength to do so. While I’m pondering this task, I’d love to read what others have experienced this year in terms of Pat’s life and death. With your permission, I’d like to publish your writing to this blog in honor of our dear Pat.
My sister-in-law Sarah puts this writing request so well. Please read her request and consider sending me your writing. It will mean so much to me and my children!
Help us celebrate and remember the gift that Pat has been to all of us. We never want to forget all that he means to us!
One thing that Nancy repeated after Pat’s death, is that she wanted some good to replace his passing. This past year ‘s journey has been excruciating without Pat, but also, it has not been without unexpected graces and blessings. We hope that those of you who feel comfortable will feel free to share with others any reflections you may have about Pat and this past year……
* Are there “Good” or life-giving things that have come from the tragedy of his death?
* Are there things you have done or gone through this past year that you know Pat would be proud of?
* Are there ways you have felt his presence and or help?
* Do you have any “unfinished business” with Pat? Any sorries you wish you could say? (have said)
* Ways in which Pat is particularly missed, especially after having been without him this past year?
* Are there things you have learned about Pat that you never knew, or things that you learned about yourself in this year?
Love to all!